Everyone wants to get in shape as soon as they sense that summer is around the corner. However, shaping up means different things to different people.
While guys focus on losing a few pounds and buffing up their chest and arms, most girls and some guys like to sculpt the perfect derriere that will give them the confidence to strut around town in those tight new jeans. If you want to really target the glutes, you’ll definitely need some of these great butt exercises.
Perform each exercise consecutively according to the recommended reps without rest in-between. Repeat the circuit 2 more times. Do this workout 3 times a week on non-consecutive days and it’ll be fun to watch the boys stare. Let’s get going.
1. Squats (5o reps)
- Position your feet shoulder-width apart. Keep your arms either at your sides or in front of your body.
- Slowly band your knees, push your hips back as you continue to lower body as far as you can or until your thighs are parallel to the floor without lifting your heels off the floor.
- Hold for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Engage you butt muscles push trough your heels, and push your weight back up to return to the starting position. That is 1 rep.
2. Hip Thrusts (30 reps)
- Lie face-up with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from shoulders to knees.
- Squeeze your glutes and hold to a count of 5. That’s 1 rep.
3. Leg Lifts (4o reps)
- Lie faceup on the floor, and raise your upper legs until they’re perpendicular to the floor. Bend your knees slightly.
- Without changing the arch in your lower back or the angle of your knees, brace your core and try to take 3 to 5 seconds to lower your feet as close to the floor as you can.
- One trick: Press your lower back toward the floor as you perform the movement. Once your feet touch the floor, raise them back to the starting position. That’s 1 rep.
- Bonus: This moves also strengthens your core.
4. Clams (25 reps)
- Lie on your left side on the floor, with your hips and knees bent 45 degrees. Your right leg should be on top of your left leg, your heels together.
- Keeping your feet in contact with each other, raise your right knee as high as you can without moving your pelvis.
- Pause, then return to the starting position. That’s 1 rep.
- Tip: Don’t allow your left leg to move off the floor.
5. Lunges (40 reps)
- Keep your upper body straight, with your shoulders back and relaxed and chin up. Find a point to stare at straight ahead, to keep yourself from looking down and keep your neck straight.
- Consciously engage your core. This will help with your balance and tighten your tummy.
- Step forward with one leg, lower your hips by bending both knees until they are both roughly at 90 degree angles. The farther down you go, the more challenging the exercise. Do not let the knee of your front leg extend past the foot. It is critical that stays at a 90 degree angle.
- Keep the weight in your heels and push yourself back up to your starting position. Think merry-go-round carousel horse here. Just straight up and straight down.
- Repeat, starting with the other leg. That’s 1 rep.
6. Donkey Kicks (30 reps)
- Place your hands directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips.
- Raise your leg behind you until your thigh is almost parallel to the floor, while keeping your knee at a 90 degree angle.
- Pulse your foot toward the ceiling by squeezing your glutes. Return to the start position. That’s 1 rep.
7. Wall Sit (50 seconds)
- Stand with your back against a wall, placing your feet about two feet out in front of you. Feet should be hip-width distance apart.
- Bending your knees, slide your back down the wall until your knees are at 90-degree angles. Your knee joints should be over your ankle joints, so you may need to inch your feet further from the wall to create proper alignment. Don’t let your knees fall in toward each other or sway outward.
- Hold for 50 seconds.
Double Up Your Effort
While performing the above exercises will get you that rounder, firmer and lifted derriere, the key to get your butt to really perk up and show is to get rid of any excess flab (fat, jiggle, whatever you want to call it) around your bum and thighs.
If you need a structured and disciplined plan to shed that excess fat, you should consider using The 2 Week Diet plan. The 2 Week Diet plan teaches you, among other things, how to eat and live skinny and only has a few smart, easy-to-follow guidelines. Once you get your eating habits and lifestyle in check, your metabolism will increase—and your body will shed weight and shed it fast.
The 2 Week Diet plan has produced amazing results for thousands of women, some losing as many as 20 pounds and 4 inches in 14 days, and it does it without millions of rules. See the 2 Week Diet plan now.