The heat is on — time for your tummy to come out of hiding and hit the pool or beach. No sweat. If you want a belly that looks great in a bikini fast, you need exercises that engage multiple ab muscles with every rep.
For flab ab fast, perform the following 6 exercises for one minute each, completing one set after the other with no rest time in between. Repeat the circuit at least 3 times. For maximum results, perform this workout up to 5 days a week and you’ll be flashing some navel in no time.
1. Reverse Crunch
- Lie on the ground in a traditional crunch position, your feet flat on the floor and hands underneath your head.
- Press your lower back into the floor and pull in your belly button to lift your feet off of the floor. Keep your knees together, bent at 90-degree angles.
- Using your core, pull your knees into your chest so that your tailbone raises off of the ground, and simultaneously perform a traditional crunch, lifting your shoulder blades off of the floor. Use your abs, not your hands, to lift your head and shoulders. Your hands are just there to protect your neck.
- Slowly lower your shoulders, hips, and legs to return to the starting position. Stop when your feet are just above the floor.
- Repeat the movement, making sure not to use momentum to power your next rep. Focus on squeezing those abs!
2. Scissor Kicks
- Lie flat on your back. Extend your arms so they’re against the sides of your body with your palms pressing into the floor, or bend your elbows and place your palms under the back of your head. Bend your knees and draw them into your ribs. This will make it easier to pull your navel in toward your spine and actively press your lower back flat on the ground.
- Lift both legs straight up toward the ceiling, continuing to engage your abs and pressing your lower back into the ground. Keeping your core strong, slowly lower your right leg down toward the ground until it is a few inches above. Then slowly scissor your legs, lifting your right leg back up as you lower your left leg down toward the ground.
- You may not feel this until you do it for a while until the 30th second or so. If you still do not feel it, focus and repeat the movement for up to 2 minutes.
3. Elbow to Knee Crunch
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground.
- Place your left ankle on top of your right knee.
- With your hands behind your head, bring your knees toward your chest and lift your upper back until your shoulder blades off the mat. Be sure not to pull on your neck.
- Bring your right elbow toward the left knee. Make sure your rib cage is moving and not just your elbows.
- Perform the crunches for 30 seconds on your right side, then switch to the left side for the remaining 30 seconds.
4. Diagonal Plank
- Hold into a diagonal plank position for 30 seconds, supporting your body with the right hand and left foot.
- Switch hands and feet and continue for another 30 seconds.
5. Russian Twists
- With your hands clasped together, sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels about a foot from your butt.
- Lean slightly back without rounding your spine at all. It is really important and difficult to keep your back straight.
- Pull your navel to your spine, and twist slowly to the left, bringing the weight to your left side. The movement is not large and comes from the ribs rotating, not from your arms swinging. Inhale through center, and rotate to the right. This completes one rep.
6. Mountain Climber
- Start in a traditional plank — shoulders over hands and weight on just your toes.
- With your core engaged, bring your right knee forward under your chest, with the toes just off the ground. Return to your basic plank. Switch legs, bringing the left knee forward.
- Keep switching legs and begin to pick up the pace until it feels a little like running in place in a plank position.
- Continue “running” in your plank for 60 seconds.
7. Jumpstart Your Flat Belly Goals
If you are determined to show off a flat and toned belly, on top of doing the above 6 exercises, you need to lose the excess fat around your belly.
If you need to jumpstart your fat loss with an effective and structured system, then check out the 1-Week Diet.
The 1-Week Diet is a weight loss program created by Brian Flatt, fitness trainer to the celebrities.
At the onset, you may think because of the name, the 1-Week Diet is a quick fix and a fad diet. But that is where everyone gets it wrong.
With the 1-Week Diet, there are no “gimmicks” or “tricks”. You lose actual fat (not water weight, no muscles) by learning to use your body’s own natural bio-chemistry. Your body naturally jumpstarts your metabolism and you’ll burn more fat at rest when you’re on the 1-Week Diet.
The 1-Week diet does not add more stress to your life with grueling cardio sessions and endless gym time (although you have to keep up with the 6 ab exercises above).
The 1-Week Diet also does not force you to cut out carbs, cut out fat, starve yourself or make you feel miserable.
With the 1-Week Diet, you follow a specific meal plan for 7 days with a list of foods that you should eat more of and foods that you should avoid. You can even continue to eat the foods you love (think ice-cream and chocolate cake), although it is not recommended that you binge on them.
Women who have been on the 1-Week Diet have reportedly lost up to 10 pounds in the first 7 days, and have continued to lose up to 29 pounds in a month.
If you’re ready to start transforming your belly in the next 7 days, click here to watch the presentation on the 1-Week Diet now.